Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

character name change

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mo
Spammer
Spammer
Mo

character name change Empty
PostSubject: character name change   character name change EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 6:55 pm

there's more info bout it when you log on your account management, but i thought i copy-paste it here for lazy ppl
Quote :
* The Character Name Change process is not immediate and may take several hours to complete because of the approval process involved. Your character will NOT be available for play during this time.
* Each Character Name Change costs 8,00€ (£6.00). This covers a single name change for a single character.
* A character's name may only be changed once every 90 days.
* The name you choose must be available on the character's realm, and must be within the World of Warcraft Naming Policy.
* A Character Name Change cannot be reversed once completed, except by a second name change operation (subject to the above costs and limitations).
* Once the name change is completed, your character's old name will be locked from use on the realm for 90 days. After that time, the old name becomes available again and can be claimed by anyone on its realm on a first-come, first-served basis.
* Please review the Character Name Change FAQ for answers to common questions about this service.
* The Character Name Change service only allows one change per transaction. If you would like to change multiple character names, you will need to pay for each one separately.
---
How much does this service cost?
Each Character Name Change costs 8,00€ (£6.00). This covers a single name change for a single character.

How often can I change my character's name?
You can change a character's name as many times as you like, but you will need to wait ninety days after the last name change became effective before you can change the name again.

What if the name I want is already in use?
Character names are unique on a per-realm basis. You cannot change to a character name that is already in use by another player on your realm.

What happens to my character's old name?
Once the name change is complete, your character's old name will be locked from use on the realm for 90 days. After that time, the old name can be claimed by anyone on a first-come, first-served basis. If you want to retain the use of that name you will have to reclaim it before anyone else does.

What about my guild and my friends?
Your character will remain in your guild, and you will remain on all friends lists for people who had added you. The only difference is that you will have a new name, so you should let your friends and guildmates know it's you.

Can people use this feature to get off my Ignore list?
No. Characters whose names are changed will remain on your ignore list, but their names will be updated automatically.

Will this affect mail or auctions for my character?
Your existing mail and auctions will not be interrupted or cancelled, but you should let your friends know before you make the change, so they don't send new mail to the old name.

Can I change multiple character names at once?
The Character Name Change service only allows one change per transaction. If you would like to change multiple character names, you will need to pay for each one separately.

What will happen to my Armory Profile?
Once you have completed the Character Name Change process, your Armory profile will be updated to reflect your character's new name.

I am attempting a transfer. Why does it say that my character is still logged into the game?
Please allow at least 20 minutes after logging out of the character before beginning the Character Name Change process.

When will I be charged for the name change?
For the Character Name Change process, you will be charged immediately upon pressing the confirmation button indicating your willingness to purchase the name change.

Is there any way to cancel the name change while the process is pending?
Because you are charged immediately upon confirmation, you cannot cancel the name change once you have pressed the confirmation button and the name change process is underway.

What happens if my payment is refused or fails temporarily after choosing a name?
If your payment fails for whatever reason, the name of your character will not be changed. The name will, however, be reserved for 90 minutes to allow you time to reattempt the process. To access your reserved name, you must simply repeat the name change steps from the first page of the Character Name Change application as normal, selecting the same name.
Back to top Go down

character name change
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Royal Inn :: World of Warcrack-
Jump to: