Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fiefdom of Yakdoristan

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mo
Spammer
Spammer
Mo

Fiefdom of Yakdoristan Empty
PostSubject: Fiefdom of Yakdoristan   Fiefdom of Yakdoristan EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 3:30 pm

in http://www.nationstates.net/ you can create imaginary country and decide how it's developing (if all)

i created a country for yakkies and will continue develop it in anarchy and rule it with tongue-in-cheek approach and keep you good ppl updated about
you can also check it yourself from http://www.nationstates.net/yakdoristan

The Fiefdom of Yakdoristan
"Our country reeks of trees & our yaks are really large"

currently:
Quote :
The Fiefdom of Yakdoristan is a tiny, socially progressive nation, notable for its strong anti-business politics. Its intelligent population of 5 million are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.

The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, liberal, socially-minded morass -- juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Defence. The average income tax rate is 44%, but much higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Uranium Mining.

Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low. Yakdoristan's national animal is the yak, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the yakling.

first issue to decide:
i've choose to get one new issue every weekday - when i choose one of the 3 options or dismiss it, the impact of that decision will be seen 1-2 days later in country description
Quote :
Should Democracy Be Compulsory?
In response to a slow news week, certain highbrow newspapers have stirred up the debate over voluntary vs compulsory voting.
options:
dismiss OR
1)"Compulsory voting makes about as much as sense as having the death penalty for attempted suicide," says civil rights activist Jazz Wu. "You can't force people to be free! You can only give them the choice. Besides, if all those derelicts who can't be bothered to get off their ass once every few years voted, who would they elect? I shudder to think."
2)"It's not contradictory at all," argues political commentator Jazz Falopian. "The fact is, if not everyone votes, the outcome isn't truly representative. Some groups--like elderly gun nuts--vote more often than others. That's why we always end up with such terrible politicians
3)"This raises an interesting issue," says Sue-Ann McGuffin, your brother. "And that is: why do we need elections, anyway? Seems to me it would be much simpler if you just decided what was right, and did it. Wouldn't that save everyone a lot of time?"

atm im planning to choose... erm.. 3!

ps
i chose "Fiefdom" just because i liked the sound of it ^^
Back to top Go down

Fiefdom of Yakdoristan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Royal Inn :: Spam, sausage, eggs and spam-
Jump to: